Corrosion protection for the
Corrosion protection for the transport industry is crucial to keeping the nation moving. Corrosion has the potential to jeopardise vehicle and rail track components, generate safety and reliability concerns, and ultimately shorten a structure’s useful working life.
The best way to protect from corrosion is to stop it before it starts. Below are examples of the application of ArmorGalv® in the rail and road transport industry.
Benefit of the socie where we oper ate success for the website done
Safety and durability are paramount in the railway industry. For example, rail attachments and track components must be resistant to vibrations, chippings, erosion, and corrosion.
The ArmorGalv® process makes hydrogen embrittlement technically impossible. The resistance to corrosion, impact and wear of the zinc layer means these rail attachment products, such as resin anchors, shoulder pins, and inserted tongues remain functional in use.
Pressure springs, snap fasteners and rail clips retain their special properties during thermal diffusion galvanizing. They are impact and wear-resistant, but still malleable enough to ensure that no cracks appear when they move to provide elasticity.
ArmorGalv® gives baseplates and clamping plates, manufactured from steel and cast steel, a uniform coating over the entire product, without any internal stresses being created in the product.
Heavy vehicles and automotive
The components used in the undercarriages of trucks, articulated vehicles, road trains and commuter automobiles must be resistant to corrosion and mechanical and dynamic stresses. Durability is determined by the right surface treatment.
ArmorGalv® creates an ideal bonding surface for lacquers, paint and rubber. The zinc layer is malleable, impact and wear-resistant and offers perfect protection against sub-corrosion. Thanks to the cathodic protection, the coating provides extra security in comparison to a product that has only be lacquered.
Suitable applications include components for spring and dampening systems, fasteners, container seals and lashing eyes. Rivets are thermal diffusion galvanized because the unique properties of the zinc-iron alloy are preserved after distortion.
The automotive industry imposes specific demands on corrosion protection and the degree to which the components used can be processed, welded, glued, and lacquered.
ArmorGalv® offers multifunctional solutions thanks to the unique properties of both the process and the zinc-iron alloy produced.
How does ArmorGalv® provide corrosion protection for transport industry?
ArmorGalv® can be used in the following ways throughout the transport industry:
- high-strength steel construction components benefit from the low galvanizing temperature
- complicated construction components receive uniform, thin coatings
- high-strength steel attachment components are not prone to hydrogen embrittlement
- connecting components for engine rooms and exhaust systems become temperature resistant
- bodywork components can be spot welded and glued
- rivets maintain malleability
- construction component surface bonding is improved for galvanized parts that require painting
- shock absorbers benefit from excellent rubber-metal bonding
- spring systems are improved by low galvanizing temperature and ductility
- lock component bonding is improved with anti-friction coatings.